chicken fillets, skinned and chopped into small pieces
Thai green curry paste
pumpkin, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
green beans, washed and sliced
light evaporated milk
Cooking oil spray
Curries made with a creamy base can be high in calories and often get ruled out if you’re following a weight loss maintenance plan. However, this doesn’t mean that all curries are off limits. You can still enjoy a curry dish with this green chicken and vegetable curry, which is a healthier, lower-calorie option.
- • Place a large saucepan over a medium-high heat and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- • Add the chicken pieces to the pan and stir-fry for 5-10 minutes, or until golden.
- • Spoon the curry paste into the pan and stir until the chicken is coated.
- • Next, add the water and the diced pumpkin, stir to combine, then cover with the lid and cook for about 5 minutes.
- • Remove the lid, stir in the green beans and cook for a further 5 minutes, uncovered.
- • While the green beans are cooking, in a small bowl, combine the evaporated milk and cornflour together. Then, add the mixture to the pan and bring to a boil.
- • Stir occasionally, reduce the heat slightly and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes before serving.