Maintaining your desired weight
How does it work?
During the Maintenance Level you will enjoy:
● 3 low-calorie meals (approximately 350 calories each)
● 2 or more cups of low starch vegetables
● 2 litres of water or calorie-free fluids (minimum)
● 2 serves of fruit (approximately 70 calories)
● 1 serve of dairy (approximately 100 calories)
When you’ve achieved your weight loss goal, you’re ready to transition to the Maintenance Level, where you can enjoy 3 healthy, calorie-controlled meals per day. The flexibility of the OPTIFAST VLCD Program means that, if you need to, you can always re-introduce OPTIFAST VLCD products whenever you feel the need to get back on track.
- No more need for Optifast!
- Helps you maintain a healthier lifestyle.
- Monitor and adjust your meal for long term weight management.
You also need to consume the below everyday to ensure a nutritionally balanced diet.
2 Litre Water
1 Dairy Milk
2 Cups low Starch Vegetables
Additional daily food allowance during the OPTIFAST® VLCD Programme
- Low Starch and Greens
|ALL LOW STARCH AND GREEN VEGETABLES:
● Alfalfa Sprouts ● Asparagus ● Bean Sprouts ● Bok Choy ● Broccoli ● Brussel Sprouts
● Cabbage ● Capsicum ● Carrots ● Cauliflower ● Celery ● Cucumber ● Eggplant
● Garlic ● French Beans ● Leeks ● Lettuce ● Mushrooms ● Onions ● Radish ● Shallots
● Silver Beet ● Snow Peas ● Spinach ● Squash ● Tomato ● Zucchini
|● Corn ● Green Peas
● Legumes ● Lentils
● Potato ● Pumpkin
● Sweet Potato ● Turnip
Active 2 Level
onwards only **
(one serve = 50-70 calories)
|● Apple (1 small) ● Lychees (4) ● Plums (2) ● Apricots (2) ● Orange (1)
● Pineapple (2 slices) ● Strawberries (15) ● Cherries (10) ● Passionfruit (4)
● Grapes (1/2 cup) ● Peach (1) ● Prunes (3) ● Pear (1 small)
● Canned fruit in natural juice (120g)
|● Dried Fruit
● Fruit Juice
Active 2 Level
onwards only **
(one serve = 100 calories)
|● Reduced-fat Hard Cheese (30g) ● Cottage Cheese (1/3 cup) ● Sorbet (1 scoop)
● Low-Fat Milk (250mL) ● Low-Fat Yoghurt (1 small tub ~ 150g)
|● Full-Cream Dairy|
|● Miso and Soups prepared from allowed vegetables listed above
● Sauces and condiments (small amounts) ● Spices and herbs
● Calorie-free fluids (water, tea and diet drinks)
|● Fruit Juice
● Alcohol ● Sugar
● Sweetened Drinks
IMPORTANT: ** Fruit and low-fat dairy are not allowed during the programme Intensive Level. Vegetables listed in AVOID can be consumed in small quantities
in Levels Active 2, 1 and Maintenance as part of your calorie controlled meal, but not in the Intensive Level.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of a weight loss maintenance plan?
Following a Weight Loss Maintenance plan can help you to maintain your weight loss, along with any health benefits you’ve experienced as a result of your journey so far. With the OPTIFAST Maintenance Plan, you’re encouraged to continue eating healthy, balanced meals and take part in regular exercise to help keep your body healthy over the long term.
I am concerned about gaining weight when moving onto the Maintenance Level of the OPTIFAST VLCD Program. What should I do?
If you are concerned about transitioning through the other levels of the OPTIFAST VLCD Program, consult an Accredited Practicing Dietitian who will be able to help you with this transition as well as educate you regarding appropriate foods to include, portion sizes and how to manage your daily calorie intake, as this can be individual.