dry fettuccini or Konjac noodles
garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
parmesan cheese, grated
soft ricotta cheese
pine nuts, finely chopped
partially sun-dried tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
cooked chicken, chopped
Pesto pasta is a simple, comforting dish with a burst of flavour, and this version includes chicken for added protein. Making your own pesto is really easy, and it means you’re in total control of what you’re putting into your food – and your body. If you don’t want the carb content of the pasta, you could substitute the fettuccini for Konjac noodles, a low-calorie alternative.
- • Fill a large saucepan with water, add salt if preferred and bring to a boil over a high heat. Add the pasta or Konjac noodles and cook according to the packet instructions or until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside in a large bowl.
- • While the pasta is cooking, place the basil, garlic, parmesan, ricotta, pine nuts and chicken stock in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- • Add the pesto to the pasta and lightly toss to coat the pasta.
- • Blot the sun-dried tomatoes with kitchen paper to remove any excess oil, then chop into small pieces.
- • Stir the tomatoes and pieces of chopped chicken through the pasta. Reheat the dish in the microwave for 2-3 minutes to warm the chicken.
- • Serve with a green salad.